A Family-Focused International Company.
One of the perks of being a family-owned company is the idea that “family” is a core value. And, while we are driven, daily, to deliver the best vacations and travel experience the world has to offer, we also understand that our success begins – and ends – with our team.
Here, we care about our associates … We want them to succeed … To live a balanced life. And we want to support them in their passions, empowering them to truly make a difference.
Some of the ways we do this are by providing:
- 16 paid days off (Paid time off for vacation or sick days) the first year of employment; 21 days for associates who have been with us two years or more.
- Paid Holidays and additional floating holidays every year.
- An education allowance of $2,000 annually, encouraging associates to further their education in a relevant field and student loan repayment.
- Familiarization (FAM) time, allowing associates an additional five paid days off to experience our travel products.
- We offer health, vision, dental and life insurance
- A generous 401(k) match of up to 4% and a pension plan with an employer contribution of up to 7.5% once eligibility periods are met.
- Ongoing product and destination training.
- Fun (yes, fun) activities as part of our everyday atmosphere. We have different company committees (such as Connections, Green Team and Passport to Whole Health) run by volunteers and dedicated to making our associates happier, healthier and more environmentally aware.
Our benefits program caters to each and every individual and their goals. Annual performance reviews, merit increases and growth opportunities are highly personalized.
We also believe that happy, positive environments enhance performance. That’s why all of our associates attend Orange Frog training. Based on the works of Shawn Achor, author of The Happiness Advantage, this training provides a sustainable approach to enhancing productivity at individual, team and organizational levels.
This is not your ordinary, international company.
Global Sustainability presented by The Green Team
It’s great to be sharing our first global sustainability newsletter with you. This update has been created by our sustainability champions working together across our different businesses worldwide to drive forward our activity and commitment to sustainability, to keep it alive and well within our minds and actions and to help us on our journey to protect the people, places and planet where we live and travel. Click here to read.
During the State’s Stay-at-Home order, Globus found ways to keep spirits up and have Associates participate in daily fun activities. Spirit Week, Scavenger Hunts, Dress up days and other Quarantine challenges.
Go-Tober challenge organized by the Denver Regional Council of Governments
This year’s Go-Tober Event was a great success! Thank you to all the participants. A re-cap of our success:
- Company Contest: 5th Place out of 14 companies in our group.
- Total # of participants: 28
- 8 – Teleworkers
- 7 – Carpoolers
- 6 – Walkers
- 4 – Bicyclists
- 3 – Transit Users
- Total Trips Logged: 451
- Total Money Saved: $1,707.98
- This figure includes all costs of driving (costs of ownership, maintenance, gas, etc.)
- Total pounds of CO2 saved from going into the atmosphere: Over 2,595 lbs. – that’s like we planted 54 CO2 eating trees!
Potential stress relief from not having to commute…by yourself…in rush hour…priceless!
12th Annual Employee Appreciation Day!
September 26, 2019
The Management Team thanks all Associates for their hard work throughout the year and recognizes the continuing efforts to reach and exceed our goals.
15th Annual Make-A-Wish Colorado Kickball Tournament
September 7, 2019
Castle Rock Incline Challenge
August 10, 2019
The ‘Passport to Whole Health’ committee invited Associates to join them for a little outdoor fitness and fun as we hiked up the Castle Rock incline!
200 steps UP!
Ice Cream Party!
August 6, 2019
To celebrate our Associates, the Connections Committee sponsored an ice cream party in the park. To beat the heat and enjoy a tasty treat, Associates were served ice cream from Em’s Ice Cream truck.
South and Central America & Africa
July 9, 2019 Launch Day
Associates wearing their best black and white attire, in honor of penquins who live in the territories of South and Central America & Africa.
Bike to Work Day!
June 26, 2019
We had a wonderful turnout June 26th with about 30 people either riding or walking to the office. Thank you to everyone able to participate! Your Green Team enjoyed hosting the event (our 10th year to do so) and greeting each of the participants smiling faces as they checked-in at the breakfast station!
In total – we removed 25-30 cars from the highways today and eliminated over 350 miles and burned countless calories doing so! Congrats to everyone!
Colorado Rockies Baseball Day!
June 12, 2019
To celebrate our Colorado Rockies, the Connections Committee hosted a picnic in park on June 12th. Our friends at ‘Good Dog Hot Dogs’ provided the food, and 20 sets of Rockies tickets were raffled off. Thank you to everyone for making the day great. Go Rockies!!
Earth Day 2019 – Globus Gives Back
April 26, 2019
On Friday, April 26th, a group of 35 volunteers came together to restore trails at the Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater. The team of volunteers worked to rebuild a quarter mile of existing trail to encourage proper drainage and improve future trail use. In partnership with Denver Parks, the team of volunteers was comprised of Metro State University, a variety of area partners and agents, and your Globus peers to give back an estimated 70 hours of work to our beloved Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater. Thank you to all the volunteers and Denver Parks for continuing to make our Globus Gives Back events a success!!