FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
Celebrating 90 Years in Travel,
Globus Unveils New Tours Showcasing “Undiscovered Italy”
LITTLETON, Colorado – September 13, 2017 – From north to south and heel to toe, travelers long to see the ancient cities, seaside villages and rolling vineyards of Italy. As part of its 90th birthday celebration, in 2018, Globus is taking travelers off-the-beaten-piazza and into “undiscovered Italy” for a taste of la dolce vita with four (4) NEW tours, ranging from 8 to 10 days.
“Although Italy is full of wonders across its famous ‘boot,’ some of its greatest treasures can be found closer to the heel,” said Scott Nisbet, president and chief executive officer for the Globus family of brands. “Our new tours through Italy take travelers outside of Rome, Florence and Venice – to the incredible places Italian locals vacation – and show them more of what makes Italy authentically special in a myriad of ways.”
NEW! Hidden Treasures of Southern Italy (9 days, priced from $2,039)
From the lemon-scented streets of Sorrento down to the olive oil-rich region of Apulia, Southern Italy offers a slower pace, bluer waters and fresher perspectives. On this new tour, travelers will …
- Wander through Old Town Bari and savor the flavors of fresh produce and wine from the region.
- Stroll the streets of Alberobello and soak in the views of the “Trullo.”
- Explore the caves of Castellana Grotte – one of the most amazing natural wonders of Italy. The kaleidoscope of colorful stalactites, stalagmites and fossils will leave travelers speechless.
- Enjoy a leisurely day in Sorrento – the breathtaking gateway to the Amalfi Coast. Known for locally made lace, ceramics and the Sorrento lemon, used for crafting Italy’s famous Limoncello.
NEW! The Sicilian (10 days, priced from $2,249)
An island in the heart of the Mediterranean, Sicily is a blend of sparkling seas, rugged mountains and an active volcano. On this new Globus tour, travelers will …
- Take in the local culture of one of Palermo’s many lively and colorful city markets.
- Walk through the magnificent Valley of the Temples – dating back to the 6th century BC – in Agrigento. Even travelers who have visited Athens are awed by the Greek structures here.
- Enjoy Ragusa’s oldest district – the IBLA (a Unesco World Heritage Site).
- Take a morning excursion to majestic Mount Etna in the Taormina Riviera to see panoramic views of the entire island of Sicily.
“For travelers hoping to save dough and eat more Italian pizza, Cosmos is also unveiling two NEW Italy tours,” said Nisbet. “Castles and caves, sunsets and seafood, plus vineyards and villages set the tone for an incredible journey through Italy’s less crowded destinations.”
NEW! Gourmet Tuscany (8 days, priced from $1,389)
Rolling hills, flowing wine, healing waters. Tuscany has all of the ingredients for a perfect vacation. On this Cosmos tour, travelers will …
- Spend time in Vinci, a hillside hamlet with twisting streets and splendid views. This town is the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci.
- Enjoy Lucca, a pedestrian and pedalar’s dream thanks to limited car use. Here, travelers can enjoy a lively café-crawl snack brunch before visiting the stunning gardens of Palazzo Pfanner with a Local Guide.
- Visit Greve’s medieval square – and the traditional butcher shop that has operated there since 1729 – before venturing to the vineyards and wineries of the Chianti Valley.
NEW! Apulia, The Heel of Italy (8 days, priced from $1,199)
There’s no better place to kick back than in the lad-back heel of Italy’s “boot. Apulia is a region known for its centuries-old farmland, whitewashed towns and miles (and miles) of scenic coastline. On this new tour, travelers will …
- Explore the caves of Castellana Grotte – one of the most amazing natural wonders of Italy.
- Visit the picturesque town of Alberobello, surrounded by olive gardens, orchards and vineyards. This is a place to stroll and soak in the views.
- Enjoy the “Florence of the South” – a small gem of a town called This places dazzles with beautiful baroque architecture.
- Spend time in Fasano – a foodie’s paradise overflowing with local delicacies and seafood from the nearby Adriatic Sea. Here, travelers can also venture off-the-beaten-path to prehistoric cave dwellings and archeological sites.
In recent years, the Globus family of brands has increased and enhanced its portfolio of off-the-beaten-path Italy tours from Globus and Cosmos. Other incredible vacation options include:
- 9-day Gems of Umbria & Tuscany (GLOBUS)
- 10-day Northern Italy’s Highlights and Cinque Terre (GLOBUS)
- 14-day Highlights of Sicily & Southern Italy (GLOBUS)
- 8-day The Magic of the Italian Lakes (COSMOS)
- 10-day Sicily Discovery (COSMOS)
DEAL ALERT: Book early and SAVE! Enjoy $699 air or 10% OFF select 2018 Globus Italy vacations. For details, click here.
# # #
To download a PDF of this release, click here.
ABOUT GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river- and small-ship cruise options. Considered the world’s largest tour operator, with 90 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI). Consumers can book a Globus family of brands vacation or request brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855. For more information, please visit www.globusfamily.com. Travel agents can request brochures by calling toll free 1.800.221.0090 or visiting www.globusfamilypartner.com.