If you’re itching to travel the world but fear is getting in the way, we thought it might be helpful to offer a healthy dose of perspective.
The Risk of Terrorism While Traveling is Low… Extremely Low
- In 2015, the number of U.S. citizens killed overseas (in the whole world) as a result of terrorism was 19.
- One (1) of the 19 killed was in France. The others were killed in the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Israel, Jordan, Libya, Mali, Pakistan, Somalia and Syria.
- In 2014, the figure was 24. In 2013, the total was 16 and in 2012, the figure was 10.
- Between 2012-2014, zero (0) travelers were killed or injured in Europe due to terrorism.
As you can see from the above statistics, the risk of being killed by terrorism if you are a U.S. citizen traveling in Europe has been very, very small for many years.
Worry Over Wanderlust?
While statistics can be extremely reassuring, we know that you may still place worry over wanderlust and your dreams of traveling through Europe or even around the world. So, we’d like to continue to put your mind at rest.
Did You Know?
- Traveling the world with a reputable tour or river cruise operator (that takes into account guidance from U.S. and oversea authorities) is one of the safest ways to travel.
- The Globus family of brands has expert eyes and ears on-the-ground in every destination we visit around the world, keeping us “in the know” about goings-on so we can pass along information and insight to our guests as well as alter plans quickly and as needed.
- There are hundreds of incredibly beautiful (and safe) destinations in our portfolio of options…. You don’t need to limit your thinking (or dreaming) to one place or one travel style.
Europe Travel = Affordable
We believe in the power of travel… It has the ability to transform us and make us become storytellers. We know you agree. And if that wasn’t enough, traveling to Europe is now more affordable too. Travelers are enjoying historically low airfares as well as a plethora of deals… from hotels, tour operators, cruise companies and more.
Are you ready to say “yes” to your dreams? We’re ready to help!