FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
CUBA! NOW BY LAND AND SEA
See the Color of Cuba’s History, Painted by its People
LITTLETON, Colorado – July 15, 2015 – The many colors of Cuba come to life through the eyes of the people: Cuban artists, musicians, architects, dancers, fishermen, farmers and even baseball players. Now, Globus and Cosmos invite travelers to share in the customs and traditions of an island nation that’s been shrouded in mystery for 50 years with six (6) itineraries for 2016, including a rare opportunity to cruise Cuba.
“Cuba is one of the most in-demand, must-see destinations in the world,” said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. “We have put together several culturally interesting and diverse programs to Cuba– three of which are NEW for 2016 – that give travelers some of the best opportunities to experience this country while also engaging in meaningful and insightful discussions with the Cuban people.”
The company’s portfolio of Cuba itineraries includes six (6) people-to-people tours, ranging from 9 to 17 days, including a NEW 9-day Cosmos Cuba Discovery program priced from $2,475. In addition, for the first time, Globus is inviting travelers to discover Cuba by Land & Sea with a NEW 10-day program cruising the Caribbean Sea aboard the MTS Celestyal Crystal, featuring port stops in Havana, Maria La Gorda, Pinar del Río, Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba. In June, Globus also unveiled a NEW faith-based, Spiritual Journey through Cuba program for travelers interested in the more religious side of the country and its people.
Examples of people-to-people activities included on Globus and Cosmos’ Cuba itineraries include:
- Interacting with local fishermen and discussing their fishing practices and their community project that helps educate local children on protecting the environment.
- Walking the streets of historic Santiago de Cuba with a local architect and historian and discussing the different architecture styles, influences, and current renovation projects.
- Enjoying a jazz performance and then meeting with the musicians to discover and share the importance of music in everyone’s lives.
- Having dinner at a family-owned paladar and over dessert, discussing with the owner and staff the free-enterprise system in Cuba and the U.S.
- Venturing through Camagüey’s Plaza del Carmen and admiring the sculptures of Martha Jimenez, the artist who lives, creates and teaches on that plaza, before visiting her home and studio to discuss the inspirations for her work, their importance to the community, and how art motivates people.
“Each of these people-to-people encounters provide travelers once-in-a-lifetime enriching and enlightening experiences as well as a deep understanding of Cuba and its people,” said Nisbet.
- 9 day Eastern Cuba’s Hidden Gems (priced from $2,974)
- 9-day Cuba’s Charming Colonial Cities & Havana (priced from $3,360)
- NEW 10-day Cuba by Land & Sea (priced from $3,249)
- NEW 11-day Spiritual Journey through Cuba (priced from $3,799)
- 17-day Grand Cuba from Coast to Coast (priced from $5,945)
- NEW 9-day Cuba Discovery (priced from $2,475)
To download a PDF version of this release, click here.
Photo credit: iStock Baracoa Bay, Cuba
# # #