FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
EUROPE HAS SEEN IT ALL … NOW, SO CAN YOU!
Globus Invites Travelers to Enjoy More of Europe – More Excursions, More Inclusions, More Itineraries and More Great Value – in 2015
LITTLETON, Colorado – September 17, 2014 – Europe continues to inspire Americans to say hello to the unique and the one-of-a-kind, and goodbye to the ho-hum. In fact, for Globus, touring through Europe has witnessed a double-digit surge in bookings in recent years, with Italy, Britain, Germany and France leading the way.
Italy continues to reign supreme as the No. 1 most coveted destination for European travel. Citing a best in (first) class per diem, a strong repeat traveler factor and a diverse product portfolio, the Globus family of brands is predicting that Italy will continue to see a surge in bookings in 2015.
“Italy is a rare destination; one that offers an immense amount of diversity from Cinque Terre and Sicily to Rome and Lake Maggiore. It’s a place travelers can visit over and over again and always discover something new,” said Scott Nisbet, president and chief executive officer for the Globus family of brands. “To help travelers continue to experience the variety and splendor Italy has to offer, in 2015, we’re introducing a NEW, 9-day Italian Sampler itinerary, priced at $200 a day – approximately 25 percent less than the average Italy vacation.”
On this NEW Italian Sampler tour, travelers will experience the diverse cities of Rome, Florence and Venice as well as such off-the-beaten path destinations as San Gimignano, Verona, Bassano and Padua. Included in the unbeatable price is guided sightseeing of must-see sights like the Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, St. Francis’ Basilica, Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Square. Also included are “Local Favorites℠” like tasting the local grappa at the Poli Museo della Grappa and enjoying a private taxi boat through the Grand Canal.
And, for those interested in the highly anticipated Milan EXPO, Globus – through its sister company, Monograms – is offering travelers the chance to add a two-night stay in Milan (priced from $783) to any Europe vacation. Travel packages will include the services of an expert Local Host®; an EXPO 2015 ticket, accommodations in a centrally located, 4-star hotel; daily buffet breakfast and transfers to/from the EXPO venue.
On Italy’s heels in terms of growth, are both Greece and Spain. According to the Globus family, Greece is enjoying a renaissance in 2014, up 35 percent year-over-year. As a result, the company is adding two (2) more Greece tours to its 2015 portfolio. Both 11 days, these NEW “Tour & Sea Cruises” are Athens & Continental Greece and Athens & Aegean Odyssey. In addition, to cater to Spain’s popularity, Globus is unveiling a NEW 9-day Iberian Tapestry vacation that features visits to Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo, Seville, Setúbal and Lisban.
Other “new” opportunities for travelers in 2015, courtesy of Globus, include:
- Value Departures. In 2015, travelers can take advantage of Globus’ special “Value Departures” on select year-round vacations. By traveling during the off-season, they can save up to 25 percent over peak travel dates.
- A Stop in Iceland. In 2015, travelers can start or end any Globus family of brands vacation in Iceland – the “Land of Ice & Fire.” Priced from $730, now travelers can explore the home of the Vikings when adding two nights in amazing Reykjavi, Iceland with Monograms.
- More new itineraries. In addition to new vacations to Spain, Greece and Italy, in 2015, Globus is also offering travelers more opportunities to experience off-the-beaten path Europe with NEW 9-day Spectacular Switzerland, Bavarian Highlights and Warsaw, the Baltics & Helsinki tours.
Also in 2015, the company continues to enhance its “Local Favorites” offerings providing travelers access to hidden gems without hidden charges. Some Local Favorites for 2015 include:
– Enjoying the “top of Europe” via the Jungfrau Massif (Spectacular Switzerland)
– Taking a four-wheel drive to the sand dune of Erg Chebbi (Spain, Portugal & Morocco)
– Visiting the Postojna Caves by mini-train, as well as Predjama Castle (East Meets West)
– Journeying down musical memory lane with a visit to the ABBA Museum (Northern Capitals)
And, for value-focused travelers hoping to get to Europe for as little as $77 per day, Globus’ sister company, Cosmos, is offering Europe vacations for less than $1,000 in 2015. They are:
1. A Taste of Ireland
2. Leisurely Tuscany & Rome
3. Prague, Vienna & Budapest
5. Grand Tour of Turkey
6. Cairo, Alexandria & the Mediterranean
7. Jewels of Morocco
8. Jewels of Spain & Portugal
Early Booking Deals: No matter which company they choose or where they go, travelers booking Europe early will save. Here are three (3) ways to save when booking a Europe vacation before October 28, 2014:
– Save $1,000 per couple on 2015 Globus Italy tours or Monograms Italy packages with Star Alliance
– Save $400 per couple on 2015 Globus Europe tours or Monograms Europe packages with United Airlines
– Save up to $100 Air Credit per person on select 2015 Cosmos Europe vacations
To download a PDF version of this release, click here.
# # #