FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
CUBA! BY LAND AND SEA
Globus Invites Travelers to Experience the Color of Cuba’s History, Painted by its People
LITTLETON, Colorado – July 19, 2016 – The many colors of Cuba come to life through the eyes of the people: Cuban artists, musicians, architects, dancers, fishermen, farmers and even baseball players. Now, Globus and Cosmos invite travelers to share in the customs and traditions of an island nation that’s been shrouded in mystery for 50 years with four (4) itineraries for 2017, including a NEW 13-day Cuba Panorama tour. Globus’ other Cuba itineraries include 9-day Cuba’s Charming Colonial Cities & Havana and 10-day Cuba by Land & Sea. Cosmos is offering travelers a 9-day Cuba Discovery tour.
“Cuba is one of the most in-demand, must-see destinations in the world,” said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. “We have put together several culturally interesting and diverse programs to Cuba that give travelers some of the best opportunities to experience this country while also engaging in meaningful and insightful discussions with the Cuban people.”
Examples of people-to-people activities included on Globus and Cosmos’ Cuba itineraries include:
- Meeting the owners of the American Car Club to learn why the streets of Cuba are filled with 1950’s classic cars – Travelers will even enjoy a ride in one!
- Walking the streets of historic Santiago de Cuba with a local architect and historian and discussing the different architecture styles, influences, and current renovation projects.
- Enjoying a jazz performance and then meeting with the musicians to discover and share the importance of music in everyone’s lives.
- Having dinner at a family-owned paladar and over dessert, discussing with the owner and staff the free-enterprise system in Cuba and the U.S.
- Meeting Cuban baseball players to discuss the history and importance of this favorite pas time in both Cuba and the U.S.
“Each of these people-to-people encounters provide travelers once-in-a-lifetime enriching and enlightening experiences as well as a deep understanding of Cuba and its people,” said Nisbet.
# # #
For a PDF version of this release, click here.